Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2011

WerkRealschule and “Mercedes Benz Museum”

I am terribly behind on my posts, yet again… but the last couple nights on top of getting back kind of late I have also had terrible luck with my computer. Clearly technology and I just do not mix well at all. But now it is working, somewhat fine (crossing my fingers) so I will try and get as much posted before it either freezes again and/or I fall asleep. I am hoping I get everything updated and posted before I leave!
Anyways, back to my adventures….
Monday we were back in the schools after a weekend full of adventures and field trips. But that’s quite alright because this is exactly what this trip is for. The school we were visiting was the third track of the German school system, the hauptschule. This is where the students with the lowest test scores or who are slower learners go to school. Although in Von Vutenburg they have gone away with calling the school a hauptschule. This is mostly because the word hauptschule has over time grown quite a stigma of being a school for students that are not very intelligence. Instead of hauptschule, the school is called Werkrealschule, which essentially means “hands on schools.”
It was really interesting to finally visit this school because we had heard a lot about the school during our observations at the other schools. Some things were similar to what I expected but there were also a lot of differences as well. I will talk more about the school in my post for Wednesday, this way I can talk about my observations on Monday and Wednesday all as one post!
After the school visit, we had a trip to the Mercedes Benz planned. Well funny story… apparently museums are often closed on Mondays. So here we all are standing outside of the museum looking all sad. L
(will have to hunt down that picture.. can't find it )
But we all took turns taking pictures in the model of a Mercedes race car that was out front.
                        
Cool picture I must say but obviously no where near as cool as it would have been to go inside. But depending on how the rest of the week goes we may have time to try and make it back there before we had back home. Crossing my fingers!
Well now that our plans to go the museum fell thru, it was on to plan b, ice cream of course! We are all very easily pacified, I swear we are 5 years old some times, Ice cream solves all problems. Afterwards we went to the grocery store and got supplies for our picnic later that night. This was almost as awesome of an idea as the ice cream! We got some cold cuts and cheese from the deli, some grapes and then some bread from the bakery. So now that we had the perfect ingredients for a yummy picnic, we just needed to find the perfect location. And we knew just the place, The Castle!
Yes, that’s right we had a picnic at the castle! It was so perfect. We did have to walk back up the 313 steps but I mean we were about to have a picnic in the middle of a medieval fortress so the steps were nothing.  So we enjoyed our lovely food, and then Bettina met us up there to some class work. I have a proposal, “Eastern can we just move all of our classes to being held at a castle? Please and thank you!
So after class we headed back to the hotel and went to bed. We had an early morning the next day. Neuschwanstein Castle and the Alps! EEK!
<3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen