Montag, 30. Mai 2011

Lake of Constance

Sunday we hopped in car and drove about an hour and a half to the Lake of Constance. It is the biggest lake in Central Europe. Our first stop on our day trip was to the monkey habitat. This was the cutest thing! So these monkeys are pretty much the luckiest little buggers ever! They lay around all day and sit and wait for people to feed them popcorn. What a life!
                           
                                
                                
                                  
From top to bottom: Me, Vanessa, Sarah and Tasha all feeding the monkeys popcorn
Before we went in the workers made sure to inform us that WE COULD NOT PET THE MONKEYS! I am sorry but I feel like telling us not to touch them is like telling a kid in a candy shop to not eat anything. This was so unfair! All I wanted to do was pet and cuddle with the little monkeys. But apparently they think we are really bizarre dressed monkeys that have cooties.  So I had to settle with just feeding them.
But still aren’t they cutest thing ever?!?!
  
Nappy time for this one!
             

Besides for the monkeys there were also ducks! Baby duckies! Here is a ridiculous cute video of a mother duck getting food for her ducklings:

The ducklings were all fuzzy and fluffy looking. Awh!
After the monkey habitat we walked over to the lake. It wasn’t a beach like area with sand, it was all grass, and then an area of rocks before the water. Speaking of the water, it was FREEZING! And most of you know how I am with cold water… yeah, not so great… So I’m pretty sure I didn’t get any further than my ankles in the water. But that was quite alright with me. We then laid out in the sun for a bit. It was nice to relax and catch some rays. Before we headed back to Esslingen we got some ice cream. I had a green apple flavored, it was yummy!
Oh and I suppose I didn’t mention what we ate for lunch. We went to a nice café by the beach. The food was really delicious. And I must say, between the 7 of us, we have seemed to have gotten this ordering food in German down packed! We walked into the café and asked a question in English and the waitress gave us this look like, “Oh my gosh, the don’t speak German, what do I do?!?” But both us and the waitress survived so all is good. I went out on a limb and tried something I wasn’t exactly sure what it was, but the risk was a success because it was very good. I knew it was a steak (because it said western steak, genius right?) and I had recognized the word for onions (zwiebel) as well as the word for bacon (speck). So steak onions and bacon couldn’t seem to bad, and in fact it was awesome. Okay I did not actually eat the onions, but it gave the steak a good flavor. Also it was served with seasoned potato wedges. All in all a successful meal. J
So we headed back to the hotel and later in the evening ventured out to food and then it was off to bed.
<3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen