Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011

Finally Here!

Finally have the internet to put up my posts

(: Warning this ones long, I got a little carried away :)

Yes that's right! I am finally here! I've been planning for this trip for about what, about 6 months now? And I am finally in Germany! And as I'm sure you all will be very surprised to hear, I made it here without getting lost, not even once! Yes, I know I am the one that manage to get lost even with a GPS back home, but between my travel buddies and I, we managed to navigate 3 airports and a bus ride to safely and quite trouble freely make it to our hotel. Success? I think so.

Okay so where to start?

Reason number one why I'm winning:

1. Made it through check in, Got food, Security and patiently waiting for our flight in under an hour.
   
My wonderful brother drove me to the airport. This honestly was the most confusing part of my trip this far, which is great in my book! We ended up taking a little detour through the parking garage and arrivals before finally finding departures. Problem solved! I then met up with Sarah and Marcella and we checked in our luggage. Then we got some food. And of course of all places to run into an old friend, in the Food Court at International Departures Terminal, yes this happened. I was pleasantly surprised to run into Angel Cress an old friend from middle school. It was good to see you!

So we proceeded through Security, only for me to discover I had already lost my chap stick. HORRIBLE I know! < now introducing a new member to the trip> 100% sure I could not last this whole flight without chap stick i coughed over $3.28 for chap stick. So this chap stick had better be the best darn chap stick ever! And if it doesn't make it back from Germany with me (which knowing me it probably won't) I'll be sad.


Now that we breezed through Security we had 2 hours to wait for our flight. Which considering I am habitually late for everything, being this early was completely new experience for me. Haven't even left the country and already experiencing new things, sweeettttt!

Reason number 2 why I am winning:

2. Finally Boarded the plane! Aisle seat, Amen to that!

Flying doesn't really scare me but still I was still completely freaked out as we were taking off. I think it was the first time it actually sank in that i was really going. No turning back now! I was under the strange illusion that I would sleep on the plane. NOPE! Silly me. But have no Fear! ASHTON KUTCHER got me through a good portion of the flight. No Strings Attached was one of the movies playing and it is quite possibly one of my new favorite movies. Thank You Ashton!


So none to minimal sleep in a seat "reclines." Reclines, yeah right. But I had movies, games and Two and Half Men. again sweeettttt!

The food was pretty decent, no complaints. Chicken and rice for dinner and croissants and yogurt for breakfast, yum! Ohh and chocolates. Double yum!

Reason number 3 why I am winning:
3. The plane for our layover had cows on it.
About 7 hours and 40 mins later our plane arrived in Zurich, Switzerland.

Yeppp that’s me! I am in Switzerland! Okay, so we never actually left the airport but I mean how many of you can say you've been to Switzerland? Exactly.
So we made are way through the slightly confusing airport (again with out getting lost!) We had to take a train to get to departures for our layover flight, well I don’t know if you would call it at train exactly but it was underneath the airport. Pretty much we just got on and crossed our fingers that it would take us where we needed to go. Alas it did! And it was the coolest subway type train I have ever been on. I am going to have my camera ready for it on the way back. I just can’t explain its coolness.
So we go through customs in Zurich and get our passport stamped (Sarah made sure of that! Lol) And then again through security and waiting for the flight. When its time to board we check in and a bus takes us our plane.  Here’s our plane
                                         

Awesome? I think so!
Compared to the longggg flight last night this one was a piece of cake! About an hr-ish? It felt like two minutes. As soon as I fell asleep it was time to land. So quick and painless! Woo!   
Reason number four why I’m winning:
4. I’m in Germany!
I don’t know if I mentioned or not, but I’M IN GERMANY! Just thought you should know :p
So finally we land in Stuttgart.
Amazingly Sarah, Marcella and I all get our luggage, Phew! What a relief! Now we wait about an hour for Anthony to arrive. Once we finally meet up with him we are on to our last leg of our journey to our hotel. The bus. Now for some reason I feared that taking the bus would be much more complicated but again it was a breeze. We got on the bus and paid for our tickets ( my very first purchase using euros!). We marveled at all the funny signs and cars and the beautiful landscape as we made our way to the hotel. We found our stop with no problem (I was worried we wouldn’t know where to get off, but then again this seems to be a reoccurring fear of mine on trains regardless of the country, hmm…). When we got off a nice lady, obviously realizing we were tourists with our maps and suitcases, graciously walked us to our hotel which was around the corner. So if I can judge German people in general from this lady’s hospitality I’d say they must all be saints!
We make it to the hotel, check in and head to our rooms. Check out this gorgeous view! It sounds even better than it looks if that makes any sense.
                                




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen