Freitag, 20. Mai 2011

Food, Food and more Food!


All I have to say about the food I’ve tried here so far is: Amazing! Considering I am not quite an adventurous eater I was shocked by how good the food is here. Everything I’ve tried so far has been awesome. The first night we at pizza (figured we go with a safe bet after a long day of traveling).  We tried this spicy pizza. I guess I never thought of eating a pizza that was  spicy nor am I a huge fan of really spicy foods but this was good! Also I tried this drink called Spezi which is coke and sprite with lemon again, very yummy!
Tuesday during the day we walked around Esslingen with Bettina’s niece Tatiana. She and her friends showed us some of the sites and shops around the town. Then we went to a Turkish restaurant and order Doneur kebab, it was good!
The breakfast at the hotel every morning has also been really good!  Germans eat cold cuts for breakfast which seemed weird at first but I like it. Can we start this tradition in America? Oh and the orange juice and mixed fruit! Love it!!
And then on Wednesday we at an outdoor café in the park near the hotel. I ordered a  pizza like pastry with cheese, sausage and onions. Yum.
Thrusday night we went to a place with all sorts of chicken dishes. Mine was half a chicken with bacon and melted cheese on top. It was sooo much food but it was delicious!
And then tonight (Friday)  we went to a butcher and got sausages and a bakery for bread and then we grilled sausages at the Climbing Park (which I will talk about in the next post!). I was amazed at home much food we could get for such little money! 
They were so good especially after climbing around for 3 hours. It totally hit the spot!
We are slowing working our way through all the must have foods before we leave. Still about 2 weeks left, so I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about the food!
And feel free if you have any suggestions of any I should try before I leave, leave me a comment!

Miss Everyone!
<3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen